Imagine working for a company that has one of the widest selections of technology products in the industry. Staples Technology Solutions (STS) is a B2B Sales division of Staples Contract and Commercial. We provide multiple solutions to businesses including data center infrastructure products and services, desktops, laptops, tablets, peripherals and Managed Print Services. From the largest global enterprises to local commercial businesses, our STS team provides customized solutions that leverage our vast purchasing, warehousing, delivery and logistics and to meet customers' everyday business needs.
The Technology Account Consultant - Enterprise role is an integral part of the technology sales model designed to collaboratively sell with high performing Computing Account Executive teams. This role is a sales resource that will assist and support the Computing Account Executive within their existing customer base as well as uncover and develop new technology opportunities for these customers.
The Account Consultant will primarily be focused on supporting Account Executives (AE’s), while learning the technology industry through education and development with Customer Care, Products, Solutions, Distribution and Sourcing.
· Work directly with assigned AE’s to identify, cultivate and pursue opportunities to drive further customer technology category penetration via telephone and in-person as needed
· Contribute to the development of solutions and proposals for both program and transactional technology opportunities
· Focus on customer retention and the following activities:
o Target growth in assigned accounts
o Penetrate accounts with multiple locations with local buying decisions
o Assist in growth of new customers
· Support the AE as needed to prepare for and follow up after sales calls / sales activities
o Support bid initiatives including entering, submission, order tracking and follow-up
o Provide pricing & follow-up to AE and customer
· Act as the point person for the customer when the AE is unavailable
· Develop selling skills of qualifying, strategizing, sales call tactics, closing, and maintaining service levels
· Understand the key technology processes for sourcing, order fulfillment, and project management
· Learn the primary Staples operating platforms (Sunrise and Sequoia)
· Ad Hoc Support - includes requests from AE, manager and leadership team for account and departmental initiatives
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the process, please call 1-888-490-4747 or email email@example.com for more information.
EEO is the Law English Version – Revised November 2009
EEO is the Law Supplement English Version – Revised September 2015
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-888-490-4747.