The Director of North American Credit Operations is responsible for the on-going management, improvement, and strategic direction of the Credit & Collections organization for North American operations. High volume operation includes 500K customer accounts across 3 brands and operating units.
· Successfully manage a professional staff of over 100 associates & remote operations in BPO partner.
· Nurture commitment to vision, values, purpose, and direction of the company
· Foster shared learning across organizational boundaries
· Demonstrate commitment towards process excellence and a willingness to challenge existing processes
· Ensure operations are current in its methods and that appropriate measures of performance relating to service and costs are developed and implemented.
· Stay current of the latest developments, best practices and trends in credit & collections
· Identify and act upon ways to improve processes, enhance quality, productivity, and service
· Remove obstacles to achieve business results
· Establish aggressive goal and targets
· Convey a strong sense of urgency and drive issues to closure
· Develop partnership with sales and sales operations to improve customer experience and manage portfolio risks.
· Maintain connections and partnerships with others across functional, cultural, organizational boundaries
· Maintain strong collaborative relationships with the management team to ensure a highly effective organization
· Manage critical delivery partners to achieve results.
Credit & Collections Operational Management:
· Develop and implement operations strategy to improve efficiency and enhance service levels
· Maintain and improve customer service focus
· Direct & oversee all functional aspects of the organization involving day to day operations
· Establish team goals and objectives (Monthly, quarterly, and annually)
· Track and report performance against goals and objectives
· Ensure credit processes are in accordance with Staples internal controls, policies, and procedures
· Ensure communication and coordination within and across the various functional teams
· Communicate and coordinate the flow of financial data to internal and external customers
· Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of qualified team members that demonstrate organizational fit and sustained contribution
· Develop and maintain a positive work environment
· Associate engagement and retention
· Ensure associates are equipped to perform assigned duties and responsibilities
· Provide consistent and effective performance feedback
· Continue to foster appropriate training and development opportunities
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· 15+ years of relevant experience
· Advanced degree or professional certifications preferred
· Experience managing associates at various job classifications
· Coach and motivate team members to optimize team effectiveness and enhance team interactions
· Identify improvement opportunities and actively engage in implementing improvements
· Work with direct reports to create career development plans by identifying and documenting appropriate career and skill development goals, milestones, and measures
· Deliver and monitor corrective action
· Delegate and coordinate the performance of work activities
· Monitor and refine performance goals and objectives
· Ability to meet short and long term project deadlines with positive results
· Exceptional finance and accounting skills
· Previous credit or shared service experience at the Director level
· Interpret and analyze financial data
· Manage internal and external customer expectations
· Analyze customer needs through soliciting, evaluating, and responding to feedback
Communication and Customer Service:
· Ability to cultivate a professional environment focused on customer satisfaction
· Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and circumstances
· Ability to identify and document development goals and milestones
· Analyze customer needs through soliciting, evaluating and acting upon customer feedback
· Coordinate with other internal departments to deliver seamless service to customers
· Experience building/managing teams
· Demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal coaching facilitation and negotiating skills
· Experience managing to key performance indicators and performance targets
· Shared Services/internal service provider experience is preferred
· Experience delivering services in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
· Experience with quality management, continuous improvement and/or project management
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the process, please call 1-888-490-4747 or email email@example.com for more information.
EEO is the Law English Version – Revised November 2009
EEO is the Law Supplement English Version – Revised September 2015
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-888-490-4747.